home tabraid tabguides tabsolo tabeconomy tabprojects tabcontact tab retribution paladin RSS button

wow paladin icon 406g per hour Grinding Icecrown

Posted by Khor | 9/24/2009

It seems with all the many ways to make gold in WoW these days, grinding has become a lost art. I know it is still viable, but my goal was to find a method and pack of mobs that would compete, if not beat, the other methods of gold making.

They key to this is having as much up time as possible, meaning no drinking or eating, which I did absolutely none of. Not once did I stop to eat or drink, or even cast Holy Light for that matter. I ran a few instant Flash of Lights of Art of War procs, but other than that, my spells kept both my mana and health almost full the entire duration of my experiment. Retribution Paladins ftw yet again!

Doing the Argent Dawn daily quests over and over led me to find that the cultists on the platform just east of Chillmaw's area were extremely weak (casters), and had ridiculously high respawn rates. So, I decided to do a 30 minute test run to see how well I could do making gold by farming these guys.

Note the minimap location

Most of them went down in two or three hits, which for a pally (with instant spells), takes about a second. So I was chewing these guys up. Even with other players doing their AD dailies there, I had no problems keeping up my kill count.

Okay, so here is what I started out with: 11217g 34s 97c

After 30 minutes, I had:
  • 56g from coin drops on the mobs (10s to 35s per kill)
  • 35g vendor trash
  • 4 stacks Frostweave Cloth @ 7g per stack = 28g
  • 9 green gear items, which DE'd into 34 Infinite Dust = 68g
  • 2 Runic Healing Potion @ 4g each = 8g
  • 2 Runic Mana Potion @ 4g each = 8g
My total after 30 minutes of grinding & selling vendor trash: 11308g 64s 33c
The above total is without selling my Frostweave Cloth, potions, and DE'd Infinite Dusts

The total for selling everything I looted adds up to: 56g + 35g + 28g + 68g + 8g + 8g = 203g

That is 203g in 30 minutes. Multiply x2 to get a full hour, and you have a whopping 406g per hour!