home tabraid tabguides tabsolo tabeconomy tabprojects tabcontact tab retribution paladin RSS button

wow paladin icon Making Gold - Tailoring / Bags

Posted by Khor | 6/27/2009

There are several small ways to make gold with Tailoring, and two very large ones: Bags and Threads. I am going to focus on bags here, because that's what I focus on.

I make two types of bags, and it amazes me how many people are buying these things!

1) Netherweave Bags
2) Imbued Netherweave Bags

Here is the breakdown for each particular bag:

Netherweave Bag

Mats: Bolt of Netherweave x4 (20x Netherweave Cloth) and Rune Thread x1

Purchase Netherweave at 3g or under per stack of 20. Rune Thread 12.5s per at vendors.

Cost: 3.12g maximum
Sell: 7.5g on average
Profit: 4.38g per bag

Most of the time, I buy these in bulk off the AH, and wind up with anywhere from 10 to 25 bags made. About 90% of the time I can sell them all within the first 24 hours, as I undercut the lowest current bag price.

At 4.38g profit per bag, if I sell 10 bags that's 43.8g profit. If I can sell as many as 25 bags, that's 109.5g profit!

Usually I get bags up each night, or at least every other night, depending on the AH prices. Let's just be safe and say 3 nights per week, at 43.8g - 109.5g profit each night comes to 131.4g - 328.5g profit per week!

This has the chance to be even more, if the price of Netherweave is low, or if the bags can sell for more than 7.5g.

Imbued Netherweave Bag

This one is a bit tricky, and I'm showing how I make money based on the fact that I have a plethora of Greater Planar Essence from DE'ing green gear I loot from soloing BC instances. A regular BC solo run killing most everything in the instance takes about 30 minutes and nets me anywhere from 6 to 10 greens. I'll make 3 or 4 BC runs a week.

Mats: Bolt of Imbued Netherweave x4, Netherweb Spider Silk x2, and Greater Planar Essence x1

Purchase Bolt of Imbued Netherweave at 4g or under per bolt. Netherweb Spider Silk at 8g or under per.

*Note: For me it proves easier to buy the bolt instead of the mats to make them. Often people leveling up tailoring are dumping their extra bolts, and that's where I swoop in and take them off their hands. Oftentimes I see bolts up in full stacks of 20 for 2.5g/per or less. For the sake of showing the potential of profits, I'm using a maximum of 4g per.

Cost: 32g maximum
Sell: 45g on average
Profit: 13g per bag

I can sell about 20 to 30 of these per week on average, netting me a profit of 260g - 390g profit.

Now, let's say I get the mats for much cheaper than my maximum numbers, which I very often do...let's assume 2.5g per bolt and 4g per netherweb silk. Again, I already have the essences. These numbers are more accurate to what I actually pull in based on my server's economy.

Cost: 18g
Sell: 45g on average
Profit: 27g per bag!

That puts potential profits at 540g - 810g!

If you put profits for both Netherweave Bags and Imbued Netherweave Bags together, that gives me and average income of 391.4g - 718.5g per week on a reserved estimate, and as much as 671.4g - 1138.5g if I get the most bang for my buck! Not bad income for just selling bags. Again, the market fluctuates, so sometimes I am at the lower end of the scale, while others I am at the peak. Either way, income is income, and I never have to leave the AH!

Khor