home tabraid tabguides tabsolo tabeconomy tabprojects tabcontact tab retribution paladin RSS button

wow paladin icon Paladin Heirloom Project Part VII (61-70)

Posted by Khor | 9/28/2009

Continuing with my Paladin Heirloom Project, I am going to post levels 61 through 70 here. I was surprised at how fast I went through the Outlands. At level 68, I decided to head over to Northrend, and at that point I hadn't even finished all the quests in Terrokar Forest. Nuts! Heirloom gear makes a huge, huge difference.

If you need to look back on the other heirloom posts, here is a list of everything thus far:

Paladin Heirloom Project Part VII

Levels: 61-70

Zones Involved: Hellfire Peninsula (60-63), Zangarmarsh (63-65), Terrokar Forest (65-67), Blade's Edge Mountains (67-68), Howling Fjord (68-70)

Training at Levels: 63, 66, 68, 70

Overall Time Elapsed: 2 days, 6 hours, 48 min

Gear Purchased: Done by a bank toon every couple levels, random BoE greens of the Tiger, of the Beast, of the Soldier, and of the Bear. At this point, quest rewards are decent enough to use, so often I would use them as much as possible. At level 67, Wrath of the Lich King gear BoEs become available, so I used as many of those as possible, since their stats are a bigger boost than their Outlands counterparts.

Tips


General
  • Quest stack as much as you can. Each zone in this level range provides for optimal quest stacking, so make sure you are taking advantage of it.
Hellfire Peninsula
  • I did every single quest here, including all the group quests. Yes, all of them, even Arazzius the Cruel. That took every cooldown and potion I had, but I did it,with about 10% hp left. By far the hardest thing I had tried to do since I started this toon.
Zangarmarsh
  • I did every quest here as well, so I was 65 by the time I left.
  • I did manage to turn in about 200 plant parts I had bought off the AH for cheap. Didn't really need the Cenarion Expedition reputation, but it did help me get to honored pretty quickly.
Terrokar Forest
  • Every quest here done until I hit 67, even the group quests. Very easy.
Blade's Edge Mountains
  • Just did enough quests here to push me into 68.
Howling Fjord
  • Here's the shocker: I leveled from 68-70 by just sitting outside Valgarde killing the auto spawning Vyrkul and wolves attacking the alliance base. That's it. It took me a little less than an hour each level. I only had to stop to drink 2 or 3 times the whole time for each level because my mana and HP regeneration abilities are so effective. This was an experiment, but it worked well. I was in combat 98% of the time for each level.
Summary

With Divine Storm now in my arsenal, I had my complete DPS rotation complete. Taking on multiple mobs became that much easier. Honestly, I was amazed at how fast I went through Outlands. It only took me about 11 hours played time. Seriously. Sometimes I wonder how people spend DAYS leveling their toons out there.

Like I mentioned above, the 2 levels I gained by just grinding the mobs outside Valgarde was an experiment that worked very well. I may do another post on this alone.

Next up: levels 71-80.