home tabraid tabguides tabsolo tabeconomy tabprojects tabcontact tab retribution paladin RSS button

wow paladin icon Making Gold - Disenchanting

Posted by Khor | 6/28/2009

I will probably add more posts because there is so much gold to be had disenchanting, but here is a quick little way I have found to make an extra hundred gold or two. I have been playing with this exact method for about a week, and I'm not really sure why I haven't done this sooner, as I have used similar methods in the past that have been highly profitable.

This is easy and quick:

  • Do an auction house search for gear level 75 to 80
  • Scroll past the epic and rare gear and get to the green gear
  • Purchase any gear that has a buyout of 10g or less
  • DE the gear

Here is exactly what you can get with the approximate sell value of the DE'd dusts/essences assuming a buyout of exactly 10g:

  • 1x Dream Shard (15g, 5g profit)
  • 2x Greater Cosmic Essence (20g, 10g profit)
  • 1x Greater Cosmic Essence (10g, 0g profit)
  • 5x Infinite Dust (20g, 10g profit)
  • 4x Infinite Dust (16g, 6g profit)
  • 3x Infinite Dust (12g, 2g profit)
  • 2x Infinite Dust (8g, -2g profit)

Now, this is obviously a game of chance, so play at your own risk. Sometimes you get Infinite Dust x2 several DE's in a row. And sometimes you will get 5x Infinite Dust several times in a row. It's all a matter of how the dice roll.

Often, I will find about half of what I buy at less than 10g, and sometimes I will even bid on items close to their auction end times that are under 10g as well.

Here is how I fared just last night:

  • 8 items bought
  • 5 bought at 10g
  • 1 bought at 9.5g
  • 1 bought at 9.33g
  • 1 bought for 7.35g

The 5 bought at 10g DE'd into:

  1. 5x Infinite Dust (20g)
  2. 2x Infinite Dust (8g)
  3. 2x Infinite Dust (8g)
  4. 2x Greater Cosmic Essence (20g)
  5. 3x Infinte Dust (12g)

Profit: 68g - 50g = 18g

The other three DE'd into:

  1. 9.5g gear -> 4x Infinite Dust (16g)
  2. 9.33g gear -> 3x Infinite Dust (12g)
  3. 7.35g gear -> 5x Infinte Dust (20g)

Profit: 48g - 26.18g = 21.82g

Total profit for the 8 pieces of gear I bought and DE'd comes out to 39.82g if it all sells. Since I am at work, I'll have to see when I get home, but I'm fairly positive I'll have all that gold sitting in my mailbox.

Total time invested: 4 minutes