home tabraid tabguides tabsolo tabeconomy tabprojects tabcontact tab retribution paladin RSS button

wow paladin icon Paladin Heirloom Project - Part II

Posted by Khor | 8/20/2009

This Paladin Heirloom Project has been a lot of fun so far. I am discovering new ways of leveling that is just helping me blow through levels. I started this as a fun project, and that is exactly what is has been so far. I am looking forward to seeing what results this will deliver.

The keys to me pulling through with my objectives for this project is to have as little downtime as possible, and to significantly reduce my travel time, which it looks like I will have no problem doing.

Continuing with my Paladin Heirloom Project, I am going to post levels 11 through 20 here.

Read the Paladin Heirloom Project Part I for levels 1-10.

Paladin Heirloom Project Part II


Levels: 11-20

Zones Involved: Elwynn Forest (10-15), Westfall (15-20)

Training at Levels: 14, 16, 20

Overall Time Elapsed: 5 hours 50 minutes

Gear Purchased: By a bank toon every couple levels, random BoE greens of the Bear and of the Tiger.

Tips

There are several 'hidden' quests to look out for. Two you can find in Elwyn Forest, and one can be found in Westfall.

Also, many people forget that off the shore of southwestern Westfall, there is a light house with a quest giver for 3 quests. One of his quests requires flasks of oil, so when killing harvesters for other quests, make sure to loot and keep the oils for an immediate quest turn-in!

When traveling to Lakeshire for the Defias quest chain, go ahead and knock out Hilary's Necklace, which is given by Shawn at the end of the pier. This is a low level quest that gives you max XP by completing it this early.

There are 3 Deadmines quests that can be done without actually going into the instance itself.
Completing all these 'extra' quests alone will almost boost you up another level. So don't leave them out!

Summary

Basically, for this, I followed the same methods as Part I. Killing everything in my path and looting only what I needed, I moved very quickly from quest objective to quest objective. I hit every quest available, include all those in Goldshire, Eastvale Lagging Camp, and Hogger's area.

Upon reaching Westfall, I completed the traveling quests first (sending me to Redridge and Stormwind), then knocked out the rest in short order via quest stacking.
  • Quest Stacking - An absolutely imperative method for leveling quickly. Grab every single quest you can in an area and do not return to turn any of them in until they are all completed. This saves extraordinary amounts of time from running back and forth repetitively.
I was consistently a couple levels ahead of the mobs and quests for these zones, so I blew through them all. Very easy, and a very rewarding mount at level 20! Time flew by on these levels, and I was easily into 20 and beyond.