home tabraid tabguides tabsolo tabeconomy tabprojects tabcontact tab retribution paladin RSS button

wow paladin icon Ulduar Yields No Ret Plate!

Posted by Khor | 7/12/2009

Grrrrrrr! How many times can I run Ulduar with no plate dps gear? Seriously! It's been almost been a month and a half in there and all my plate gear is Naxx or lower. I have a lvl 226 ring and cloak, but that's it. So, out of my pure frustration, I caved and dropped almost 7000g on two items:

Footpads of Silence

Belt of the Titans

Whugh! I was able to pull 4 Runed Orbs from the guild bank, but that left me 8 more to buy at around 800g each. Yeah, I know that they'll be cheaper when 3.2 hits, but I couldn't wait any longer. Too many people are passing me in DPS now.

I have already earned back about 1600g from that total. But I still have a long way to go. Luckily, I had a little stockpile from my most recent Jewelcrafting Experiment that allowed me to get some of the gold back fairly quickly.

I haven't raided with the new set-up yet, but I am eager to see if it makes a difference. I am still expertise and hit capped, so the extra crit and strength should add the boost I am looking for. I am also 7 Emblems of Conquest away from adding my T8.5 helm, which will help as well.

Anyone else finding it hard to scavenge DPS plate gear in Ulduar? I have a very healthy stockpile of spell power plate gear. Maybe I should just heal...nah.

Khor